1/21/2012

BRITONS




Words to remember when visiting the UK

  • Thank you
  • Excuse me
  • Please
  • Sorry
  • Cheers
  • Pardon
...do remember to put atleast one of them into every sentence, and you will be alright. If you manage to combine them all in one, you might even make a good impression.

Brits are extremely polite in their speech, which I do find kinda nice. I'm doing my best to keep up! Except for when I'm exhausted and the true Finnish way of not speaking to anyone shines threw. Like the other day... I was walking along the sideway minding my own business far away in the world of my own thoughts. I didn't even notice one woman giving me way, and she did give me a reminder of that a thank you would have been good. M-hm! L&L - Look and Learn. I go along with the motto; Treat people the way they treat you.

 

Now off for new inspiration from London's saturday cityrush. The nicest thing is you never know what the day might bring you! Laters, near n dear ones!


X






2 comments:

  1. Mäki menin sillon siellä ollessani ruotsalaisen tytön kaa avaan pankkitiliä, mutta luovutin kun se ei saanu sitä todellakaan helpolla avattua. Sen pankin ja sen ruotsalaisen pankin piti faxailla keskenään ties mitä papereita ja sen tytön äitin lähettää kans jotain faktaa. Mitä helv.? Täällä sen ku meet nettipankkiin ja avaat tilin. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. no Aa-a. uskomatonta! nyt saan sit käteistilin avattua, eli en voi käyttää korttia kaupoissa, ja voin nostaa korkeintaan 200 puntaa päivässä. jee! Mut ootan et saan siitä pankista ekan bank statementin niin saan avattua toista tiliä sillä. johan ny ollaan pikkutarkkoja, I'm just saying...enhän mä tiliä avaamalla voi aiheuttaa niille ongelmaa, kun en kerta ees halua luottokorttia tai lainaa, tai checkbookia. Jesus...

    ReplyDelete